Saturday, July 30, 2005

Dip Mix....from Pam



When Pam came back from her visit to Pennsylvania for school, she brought me back this dip mix from Intercourse, PA. Yes, you read that right.....SEE???

It really says Intercourse. Gotta love it!

It reminds me of a place called Climax, ND. I have actually played golf on the 9 hole course built by sugarbeet farmers in Climax. A great group of guys that even gave me a shirt when I fell into the mud after teeing off. Ok, it's a long story but suffice it to say there were only 2 women on the course and there was a lot of jockeying to get us in their carts.

Anyway, the dip is mellowing as we speak and the buttonhole bag is about 2 rows from being finished and ready for felting. Don't worry, I'll post photos.

I also got a really nice email from the red prayer shawl recipient. It means a lot to me that the recipients really do like them and "feel the heartfelt prayers" knit into the shawls! I really get great joy out of doing it whether I know the recipient or not. It doesn't matter.

And for the salsa lover's.....if you have ever visited El Sol Bakery in Chandler, you love their salsa.

After getting my van back from the Dodge Dealer (the transmission pump went out), I was driving past El Sol and thought, hmmmm....maybe I should get some salsa at El Sol. I didn't because I was going to Sam's club and didn't want it to sit in the car while I was inside. When I went into Sam's, I checked the salsa/deli area and found the El Sol salsa for sale and thought, that's right, they were going to start selling their salsa at Sam's in Gilbert & Chandler. I got a quart of salsa for $3.96!!!!!

That is less than it costs me to get a pint at El Sol. Believe you me, that salsa is now a staple at Sam's club!!!

No comments: