Friday, July 22, 2005

Jonelle's 40th Birthday at SWTC

It was a nice evening at SWTC. A lot of yarn to be bought and yummy treats to be eaten. Here are some random photos fo knitters.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jonelle, the birthday girl, at the end of the table.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fran from Tucson's, Statue of Liberty. The first one hangs in the museum at the Statue of Liberty.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is Fran on the left and her friend who is buying the sparkly zippers.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is my "felted tote" test knit from some time back on my blog. it is now a box! Yes, you read right, a box, because the #$# thing was so darned HUGE it could not be a purse.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

See? Here it is pretending it is a bag. Yeah, right.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, my yarn purchase last night. It was $30 for the bag of 10 skeins at 244 yards per skein. I figure it will easily make 3 prayer shawls and a scarf.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know many of you (ok, everyone) has probably noticed how many shawls have been knit as of late as prayer shawls.

Here is WHY, I do it.....this is an exerpt of the note I got from the recipient of the green lace shawl this week.

I am writing you instead of calling for the simple reason I would blubber all over you if I called right now!

The shawl is absolutely gorgeous and the reason you knit it for me is so special. (Yes, I cried when I opened it and I am still sniffling.) I can't begin to tell you what it means to me. When you lose someone close to you, people are there right at the beginning, but as time passes, they do not think to send cards, email, or call to ask how you are doing. I guess in this crazy fast-paced world of ours, people expect a person to get over these personal loses very quickly. It just doesn't happen that way.

Then there are people like you who step out of the ordinary with their thoughtfulness, caring, kindness and giving. I truly will treasure the shawl always. (And the color is so perfect for me! Big smile.)

That one note will keep me going for YEARS!

No comments: