Saturday, July 15, 2006

New To Me Serger

As many of my SnBer's know, I have been wanting a new serger with 4 spools instead of 3 spools like the one I already own.

I have dreaming about getting one for about 5 years although my hubby thinks I just decided yesterday. My main reason, I did not want to invest $500+ on a new one that I know is not the quality of my all metal one.

However, I started looking on ebay but I hate to buy something electronic and have to get it shipped to me for another $50 in shipping so, I went to Craig's List and found THIS!!!

It is the same vintage as my 3 spool but with the 4th spool. I found the ad yesterday and picked it up today.
I haven't had a chance to play with it (I did try it before I bought it) but I did get some new fabric and more serger thread at Joann's this afternoon. Joann's was having a sale on serger thread for $0.99 a cone.

I can't wait to try it tomorrow. Only problem, it doesn't have the original book so I hope I can thread it right. I am pretty sure it is color coded like the one I have so it should be ok. I hope I can get a manual from Bernina or ebay.

Now, if only I could buy the other sewing machine he had from an estate sale......Ironic, it is just like the one my Mom bought some years ago and is comparable to one of the Viking currently sells for about $5000+.

However, even though my Mom is trying to convince me I NEED it, I don't think I do. I WANT it but I don't NEED it.

7 comments:

YarnB said...

Oh you got it!! Great!!! You'll have to show it to me sometime. Enjoy!

sheep#100 said...

Oh, man! You lucky dog.

(Wanna ship me your 3 thread serger ;o) ?)

Heather said...

Very nice! Sooo...whatcha doin' with the 3 spool serger? :)

Michellefinaz said...

congratulations, don't ya just love Craigslist!!!!!!

Catherine Kerth said...

she's beautiful!!!! craigs list? i have heard about that before right?

African Kelli said...

You have more will power than I do! I'd have purchased both.
Congrats on the sweet find!

Villasatu said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by in my blog! I love your colourway in the socks, and the pattern is lovely too. Oh you have such nice things done, your Mystery Stole2 is beautiful. I joined in to that too, but due to other due projects haven't found any time for that yet.