Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Visit to St. Catherine's (Toronto)

I was in Toronto last week for work and was able to visit friends out in St. Catherine's, which is located about 20 minutes from Niagra Falls.
Some photos of the falls. Gerry & I at part of the American Falls.
On the way back home Gerry drove us through a scenic drive. Here is a photo of the Niagara Gorge.
Some pretty fall color.
Lake Ontario with Toronto WAY in the distance.
A photo of the gazebo built for the movie, The Dead Zone, starring Christopher Walkin located in Niagara on the Lake. Gerry & Glory in the kitchen. Glory was working REALLY hard to not give me a good photo. She did make (with Gerry's help) a wonderful meal of beef stroganoff, broad beans & peas (from their garden) with rice & potatoes.
For dessert we had apple pie made from apples from the garden & Glory's homemade pie crust, which is to die for!!
Finally, a photo of Glory and I. Getting a photo of Glory is as rare as finding hen's teeth!
I sure did enjoy finally meeting Glory & Gerry in person after "knowing them" via an online cooking group I joined 6 years ago. It was such a pleasure!!!


2 comments:

Diane said...

The FAlls and area are gorgeous! Nice to see pictures of Glory. She is such a goot and I see she did everything not to smile in the pictures! I am sure that pie crust was light as can be. Glad you finally got to have real time with her.

Eduarda said...

Sweet. I saw the Falls in February one year... probably not the best time. I remember COLD.