Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Afternoon Bike Ride

I realized AFTER we got back from our vacation last year that there was an attachment for women's bikes that make it MUCH easier to get them on standard bike racks. It is called a "boomer bar". (Don't get me started on the fact that when I was at the bike shop buying the bike rack you would have thought they might have told me about it since the odds were REALLY high that there would be at least 1 girl bike on the rack.)
Basically it fits between the handle bar stem and seat stem. It makes it so much easier to fit a female bike on the rack.
Voila.....much less time and a lot less bad words said while getting the bikes on the rack.
While on our bike ride, we saw a pair of Mallard Ducks.
We went with the neighbor's on some trails near the house.

A great way to finish up our girl's day!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Looks like a grea time Sarah and glad tou have the bar you need to get the girl bikes on the bike rack correctly and easily. Where di you go biking? also, what kind of bike do you have? I want to find a "touring" bike for myself (yeh, just a regular old girls bike). My multiple speed, thin tire bike (with a guys bar, yuck) doesnt; cut it for me. Thanks in advance for the info.

sheep#100 said...

My bike's a guy bike. Sturdier and easy to get on the rack!

It isn't like I'm ever going to bike in a dress/skirt.