Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday Morning Hike

So, since my winkies are on spring break and spending it with Dad, I decided to take a hike this morning from Dreamy Draw Dam. It was BEAUTIFUL. I started about 7:15 am....not too early but the weather was still nice and cool.
I took trail 100 thinking it was going to go in a circle....um, not so much. Turns out it is a 10 mile hike so after about 40 minutes I turned around and headed back.
The desert was beautiful although I clearly missed the wildflowers by a week.
This is the way most of the trail looked so you had to concentrate to not slip.
This is looking back towards where my car is across the road. Next time I will try another trail that goes off in the other direction.
I can say that I am pretty sure climbing stairs tomorrow will not be very fun but I felt good and it was a very peaceful way to start my morning.

1 comment:

JerseyGirl said...

Looks like a beautiful hike, Sarah! Good for you gettin out in the mountains. I love spring in AZ. Miss ya lady!