Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mmmm.....

About a week ago I got fresh basil & mozarella that made a very good Caprese Salad.

I made granola this weekend using a recipe very similar to one I made before from an online source.

The recipe:

4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds (I used chopped up whole ones)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup unsalted pepitas (I used sunflower seeds)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 T canola oil
1/2 kosher salt
1 cup dried fruit (I used craisans.)

1. Heat oven to 350F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the oats, almonds, coconut, and nuts with the maple syrup, oil and salt.
2. Bake, tossing once, until golden and crisp, 25 to 35 minutes.
3. Add the dried fruit and toss to combine. Let cool.

TIP: the granola will keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 weeks.

Source: Real Simple Magazine, April 2010

The finished granola.
I mix it with yogurt for breakfast and it is really good.

No comments: