Thursday, June 08, 2006

Camp Not-A-Wheeze

I am sure you are all thinking...what kind of camp is Camp Not-A-Wheeze? It is a camp specifically for children who have asthma. Most kids with asthma can't go to a regular camp but at Camp Not-A-Wheeze, everyone has asthma. It is the camp experience while also learning about asthma, triggers, medication, etc.

We got to go on the guided tour with Stacy at the Arizona Lung Association.

Simon is already planning his trip when he is 7!

There was a rodeo going on when we got there yesterday.

The kids with David & the horses.
Playing on the tire swing with their newly purple highlighted hair.
AND....Hannah did this really LONG zip line.
Here she is just before she got off. She loved it and wanted to do it again.
We had a great time!

I also finished more spindle bags and sock bags. Unfortunately, two of the red sock bags on the end have already been sold or traded. I am using the Tiki Hut one for my Icarus Shawl.

If you are interested in a trade or to buy one, you can let me know. I have lots more fabric! Finally....I want this. I saw it at Kohl's on Sunday. It is like La Creuset, cast iron with an enamal covering. Isn't it cute? I might go over today and see if it is still there.
However....I did just notice, it appears to only have one handle. Um, that might be a problem because it is heavy. We shall see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOHHH I might want one of those bags!!!!I have a machine and loads of fabric.. but just not any want to sew... lol
How are things there!?!?!?!? I need to email you from work so you'll have this address!!!!

Creative Genius? said...

Ohhh i want to go to that camp!!!! I could really use it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very cool camp!

your SP8

African Kelli said...

That pot is too cute! Love it. And your children look so happy in the woods.

Catherine Kerth said...

i love the bags! they got here todya and i just opened the package :) the the swap goods i promised are in the mail tomm. :) sorry so late, i was waiting on 1 set of supplies and got them today! aughhh i hate waiting :)

Anonymous said...

Such a nice Camp, looks great for the small and big one. I have sewd a bag of the pattern I got from you, very easy and fine. Have to make more of those. Then back to the sun, we have summer and hot days here now, at least.

Anonymous said...

The Camp looks great for the big one and the small ones, hope you're having a fine time. I've been sewing some more, I really like the pattern you sent me, must make more of these. Then bac out in the sun, and the heat, we've got summer now, at least.