Monday, June 05, 2006

Random Sunday Photos

I finished sewing the spindle bags on Sunday. They are 13 inches (left) & 12 inches (right) deep respectively. I gotta work on my button holes OR put in grommets instead because the fabric is too flimsy to support a button hole.
On Sunday morning I did some gardening. I thinned David's mint patch that was spindly, to say the least, but David about had a heart attack as I severely cut back the mint. It is enough of a weed that I KNOW it will grow back but he doesn't believe me. It was 3X that big before I started.
Two teeny little basil plants for my proscuitto, spinach & basil salad.
A forelorn lavendar but it said to plant it 18 inches from any other plant and I believe them.
AND, my succulent cactus garden.
All the plants still look good today, after two days of 108 F heat in the Valley of the Sun.

4 comments:

StarKnits said...

i love your herbs! i can't wait to plant some of my own! HECK yeah that mint will grow back... and probably fuller than the last time!
your bags are great!

Michellefinaz said...

the mint will definitely grow back, we have yet to be able to kill the plant that has been in our garden for the last two years.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great herbs! I'm a herb nut as well, fortunately mine are growing like mad despite the horrible weather we had - enough for the summer and a lot more to dry or freeze for the winter!

Anonymous said...

No worries about the mint or the lavender! The mint will grow back & the lavender will
S P R E A D!! :-)

your SP8