Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday

Dad & Linda came over on Friday night to celebrate their anniversary & hang out before they both take off to different parts of the US. Dad, of course, is headed to Florida so there is a Hurricane waiting for him. Every time he goes, there is a darned storm of some sort.
The kids & I went to the $0.99 store in Chandler and look, they had, among other things, Lion Brand yarn.

Chunky USA...never heard of it but it is 100% acrylic. I tell you, that store also had fresh fruit & veggies that did not look too bad.
I am into the edging of the Icarus Shawl. It is going slowly because each row is something like 500 stitches and takes me about 20 minutes to knit. Ack...will I ever get done? The end is in sight. I have about 50ish rows left so, probably on our vacation to Rocky Point.

I also won a blog contest from Patricia's trip on the Pride of Hawaii cruise. I can't wait to see what is in the bag o' stuff!

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

I am such a knitting snob these days. I look at that $.99 yarn and think, "as if!"

Anonymous said...

Did you buy some yarn? I don't have very much acrylic, I prefer wool or cotton. Would you do a swap with me, I need more Cool Aid, and you can get whatever you want, maybe some norwegian yarn or fabrics.

Catherine Kerth said...

what a cute picture! did you get any for an afgan? i gotta check my .99 store! ... oh right, i am in the stashalong DAMN!