Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday Sewing Day

Instead of knitting...I drug out the sewing machines and tried a tote pattern I found at Joann's online. I had looked for it before and only recently found it on their site by accident. Overall, the pattern was easy (only two pieces) but how it was put together was a bit fiddly and I will definitely do it differently next time I make it.

I also made a couple of sock/small project bags using the pattern Trek sent me as inspiration.
Thanks Trek for the info!!! Normally, I have sewn all sides together and then pinned the bottom onto the side. However, this time, I sewed all the sides together but left one seam unsewn and then sewed in the bottom piece before the final side seam. Wow, what a difference that made!

Still slogging away on the Icarus Shawl. I am almost to the second set of charts which is the beginning of the edging pattern.

10 comments:

sheep#100 said...

That's how I make mine - sew four sides together, sew three sides of the bottom in, sew the last side, then close the last bottom seam.

Easy peasy. I do my spindle bags the same way.

StarKnits said...

those bags are great!

Creative Genius? said...

Those look terrific!!! Way to go sewing gal!

Catherine Kerth said...

i trade with trk too! i have traded with her twice so far.. she is such a nice person... those bags look really awesome! i have been wanting to try to sew my own, but been putting it off :(
Love the bag you did above, one of the cutest patterns i have seen yet!
can't wait to see the icarus shawl!

knitalittle said...

Hi Michelle here. I love the tote and looked for the pattern at Joanne web site. I could't find it. Do you have the web address? This would be a great pattern for the summer. Thanks a bunch. P.S. How it your Icarus going?

knitalittle said...

Second time is a charm I hope. Hi Sarah, Michelle here. Your e-mail didn't work for me. Could you try e-mailing me? jkutrybala at aol dot com I'm so sorry for the hassel. Now I'm going to try to get blogger to add my comment. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Nice bag, lovely fabric. Reminds me of summer. Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that bag was lovely.
Very nice fabric you have used for it.

Theresa said...

Cute tote! I tried the peach martini tea. Very yummy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.