Sunday, August 20, 2006

So...It's Sunday Night

On Thursday night I told David the pool was a wee bit green. Um, that would be because the pump burned out as you can see below. However, we found a good guy that came out and fixed it on Friday afternoon.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We went out with Rosie & Woody last night for dinner with the kids to a great Italian Bistro in Scottsdale.

Today, my Dad came home with 35 lbs of salmon from Alaska. (Every time I hear the words "Salmon from Alaska" I hear a jingle from a Minneapolis radio station that whenever you said the word "Alaska", they had a song they played that went, "Salmon from Alaska, Salmon from the sea, Salmon from Alaska made for you and me." The irony? I remember the song and not the DJ's. (I do remember that it was 99.9 WLOL...I think from somewhere in the late 1980's or early 1990's.)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The salmon in Dad's suitcase that would not fit in the cooler above.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The total haul in the cooler.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dad near the freezer that is now full to the brim!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You'd never guess what we had for dinner tonight??? SALMON!

I seared it with sesame seeds on the non-skin side for 3 minutes and then baked it for 10 minutes at 350 F in the oven. MMM....good. The fish came right off the skin.

Next with the suitcase salmon? Salmon ceviche.

I also bought this pattern today. Isn't it gorgeous??? I am going to make it in my dark green laceweight yarn from the Knitter's Tea Swap this past summer that I got from Heather.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Jeesh, goof. Brian would have helped you with the motor.

Abigale said...

Wow - that's a lot of salmon! My brother and son go salmon fishing a lot here - I like to do it on the barbie with a teriyaki/ginger sauce. Mmmmm

Oh - that shawl is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see your progress on that one - have fun with it! It even looks like a pattern that I could do (I'm not good at following really complicated charts - but that definitely looks like one where you can get the pattern down pretty quickly)

Have fun!

Abi

Michellefinaz said...

it is also really good with a teriyaki marinade. what company did he get it from? We get ours from Great Alaska Seafood, but I've only bought 10 lbs. 35 lbs, that is a ton of fish.

Jody said...

Can't wait to see that beautiful done in dark green!

MMM - love Salmon. I just spray some foil, sprinkle salmon with Adobo and tightly seal foil, then bake in 425 oven for about 10 min on each side....moist, yummy and no clean-up to do!