Thursday, July 17, 2008

Scenic Bentonville, AR

I was trying to find the Wal-Mart Visitor's Center and while circling I found this barber located in a "house" (aka shed) that looked like it must have only 1 chair.
I got lost during the detour on this tree lined street. Gorgeous, no??
Here is the first store Sam Walton & his brother Bud bought.
It is located on the town square. Ah, reminds me of my small town upbringing in Minnesota.
Sam's desk in the 1950's complete with guest chair aka a fruit crate. His receipt penal is the top of a fruit box.
His office in 2003 although they said he worked really hard to not actually BE in his office very much. He felt it was more important to meet and learn about people.
His wife's wedding dress from 1943.
His 1978 (I think) pick up truck he drove all the time. I guess you can take the boy out of the farm but not the farm out of the boy.
Me, outside the five and dime...just to prove I was here! ;))
P.S. Can I say I have a great neighborhood?? One of my neighbors on the next street noticed I have had a box on my porch for 2 days and called me to see if I needed her to take it in. Wow, that is a nice feeling.

3 comments:

Michellefinaz said...

it looks like you are having a great time. That is so cool there is a Walmart museum.

Diane said...

Looks like you had an enjoyable business trip. I had no idea Walmart started from that little store. There were good eats too. Glad you had fun!

African Kelli said...

Okay, that is way prettier than I would have imagined. And that tree lined street? Gorgeous.

Also, woo hoo for great neighbors!