Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After....

I bought my FIRST ever set of silverware. I had used mostly gifted silverware since I moved out on my own and inherited what was at the house when I got married. Now, I have half the married set which is only 6 place settings...not enough.

So, today, when I went out for my after Christmas trolling at the mall I found 12 place settings on clearance, clearance, clearance for a very reasonable price. It is in the dishwasher right now. I feel so grown up...yeah, yeah, yeah...know I am 40 and should already be grown up. ;)
I also used my new immersion blender to make a.....
Curried cauliflower soup. It is a wee bit spicy, might have added to much roasted jalapeno. It sure is good though!
And I made tea with tea leaves in my new press pot!
I love useful gifts!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great sale finds and gifts! Sounds like you are having a great holiday break. Have you gotten someone to paint for you? The color looks light but warm. What color is it?

Birdsong said...

Oooh, I have been wanting an immersion blender and that sounds so yummy!

Jody said...

It is nice to feel "grown up" but don't grow up all the way...I still believe in Peter Pan (and I have a "few" years on ya). Enjoy the flatware.