Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Stuff

Simon seems to rip through his left knee quicker than I can believe.
Instead of buying more pants, I bought iron on patches.
Iron them on the back and they last for much longer than without patches!
I had some split peas in the pantry (turns out I have another stash I found later this morning) so I cooked them.
I then used this recipe for Curried Split Peas & Rice. I used red curry paste instead of green curry paste recommended because I already had it in the fridge.
I added carrots instead of sweet potatoes because that is what I had in the fridge.
I had it for lunch today and have 3 more portions for lunches in the future!
Last night while watching a movie, I finally cast on for the Lady February Sweater. I am using Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Terra Cotta.
I am hoping to wear it this summer at the office when the air conditioning is working very hard to freeze me out!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I used to use those iron onpatches when Jen was little and I still use them on David's garden jeans! Love the color of the yarn you are using to make a sweater. Your split pea dish looks yummy.