Sunday, April 17, 2005

Current Knitting Projects

Ok..finally took some photos of the Felted Kitty Pi bed made from scraps of wool in my stash. It is currently 90 F in Phoenix so...the kitty is not going anywhere near that wool bed!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and and overhead shot...the neon orange is the tangerine Kool Aid dyed yarn. The white stripe did not felt...hence the bed is a bit floppy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a shawl I am knitting for a friend using the Lost Points Shawl pattern from Southwest Trading Company. As has been noted by quite a few of the gals that are test knitting, their patterns leave a bit to be desired. It is nowhere near as big as the pattern noted AND the edges roll...I knew I should have put a garter stitch around the edge. I will be undoing the cast off and adding quite a few more rounds...probably on bigger needles. It is made from Melody and some GORGEOUS silk yarn (not soy silk) but, real silk. I guess it is a good thing that the skein of silk was much more yardage than the pattern called for because I will probably use most of it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a photo of 1/2 the shawl. The other end looks just like this so it is really a big rectangle with these dangly bits on either end.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just have to get motivated to do it....

Instead, I am knitting feather & fan patterned shawl for a friends wife...and even getting a few $$ for it...although, as we all know, you never make any money from knitting. This is going really quick because I am using Lion Brand Homespun which is a bulky weight yarn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The kids did great at their swimming lessons and today we are relaxing. David is going to finish Simon's bunk beds (I will post a photo soon) and I am taking Hannah to the mall to get her a fancy dress for a friend's wedding. Hoping to get some great sales on those leftover Easter dresses!

1 comment:

illanna said...

Your FO's look fantastic! That silk is so lavish. I really like the neon orange in the cat bed. Good to know that the kool aid stays in the yarn when you felt it.