Friday, April 15, 2005

My adventure with Kool Aid

so...I tried dying yarn with Kool Aid last August.

I used one skein of Brown Sheep and just gave it a whirl.

Here is the yarn before dying...have to let it soak in hot water.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the yarn cooking..think it is black cherry flavor.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here are the final products:

Tangerine:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Cherry:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I used the orange in a felted kitty pi cat bed and the color did not run at all! It is still quite orange.

Ok...ok...I know, you knit your cat a bed? I have to tell you he loves it! I will post a photo when I find it on my hard drive or go take another photo!

I have heard you can use regular concentrated paste food dye to dye yarn...might try that cuz the Kool Aid gives the yarn a weird smell.

Gotta go...my gorgeous two year old is "playing" read wrecking my cd & dvd drives.

Heres a cute photo of my two little ones.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aren't they just the cutest things? I know, I am a very proud Mom!

No comments: