Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Stitch N Bitch at Cupz

We had a good group of knitters this past week.

Here is a photo of Heather with the start of her Clapotis with Eva in the background. Eva had just come in from Snowflake...she convinced her co-worker to drive so she could knit!!!! Sorry Eva, the photo of your gorgeous blue Clapotis was way too dark!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is Ashley working on a very cute sweater for her 1 yo niece. If memory serves me correctly, it was a Sirdar pattern...kind of a cross over ballet sweater style. Very cute.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another note about Ashley is that she will be moving to Okinawa, Japan in about 6 months...the first thing out of my mouth? "oohh...think of all the Noro you can buy!" while she was thinking about Koigu yarn. Yes, we think of moving and we think about what yarns we can get...scary!

Here's a photo of Mary and Jude. Mary is working on a gorgeous camisole with VERY TINY needles, they looked like 2's. Jude was thinking of starting a Berrocco tank with some yarn she got from Elann, I think. Hopefully she won't be using her "ghetto needles" as she called them from Joann's.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last, but certainly not least, is Alison working on her own Clapotis out of Noro Silk Garden. Yummy yarn! To offset the cost of her Clapotis, she brought in sets of circular needles and lots of yarn to sell either to the group or off it goes to ebay! I got a nice set of 11's so I can start my "Tie one on" from the new Knitty pattern.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am working on the feather and fan shawl out of homespun. It is about 90% done and off it goes to the client! Somehow, I don't think he will wait until October to give it to his wife since they are newlyweds (just got married at Christmas time). It is always good to bring mindless knitting to SnB..since you can't talk and count at the same time, or at least I can't.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

TrueEpicure said...

It was great to meet you last night. I'm glad you posted what you were knitting, because I forgot to ask!

Creative Genius? said...

Ok Ok I know you don't want to hear this... but:

I forgot to tell you Tuesday tonight - I have two full bags of yarn that I am also throwing on ebay...

One is a bag of 10 balls of navy cotton from SWTC. Each ball has 228 yards (5sts and 8 rows per inch).. It's their Beyond Cotton

And I have 100% wool "Peruvian Highland Wool" 8 balls of a pretty royal blue and four balls of a pretty navy blue - this is totally feltable... each ball has 109 yards (19 sts and 24 rows)

I am asking exactly what I paid for them - the cotton $25 for the bag, and the wool $35 for the bag...

Let me know if you are interested in either--- I thought about it after you left and figured it was worth dropping you an email:-)