Tuesday, April 19, 2005

MMMMM....Stitch Markers......

Ok, that was my best Homer Simpson impression....

Anyway, Illanna (http://www.knitpowerstopeace.blogspot.com/) had a little contest on her blog and I was the second winner of a cute little lamb and some stitch markers. But, not only did I win the "prize", she brought it over to my house on her way to Cupz last night!

Here is a photo of Illanna arriving at my house in a Pi Shawl:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And here is Simon relieving Illanna of the little lamb she brought with her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here are the stitch markers...I made a bit of a haul since I also bought some additional stitch markers from Illanna (the poor college student).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a close up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know, I know, I could have made them but:

1. I don't need another hobby that costs me money and requires storage space.
2. I have a gorgeous 2.5 yo boy that would throw those beads all over the house!
3. Who has the time.....that darn taking care of kids, working and LAUNDRY can take up a whole day!

Thanks Illanna for not only delivering the prizes but also for taking time last night to make extra stitch markers so I could get my instant gratification of buying them immediately!

I used one while finishing a baby hat last night and it sure was fun to get back around to the beginning again just to see the marker!

And one last thing...the kids have taken to both sleeping in Simon's room in the bunk beds since Sunday. As they were getting settled after David & I had tucked them in, I heard them talking and laughing like I used to do with my sister's in our bunk beds. It was a nice sound and as always, they went to sleep in their own time.

No comments: