Monday, September 18, 2006

A Great Weekend

First, a belated Happy Birthday to my Dad. He & Linda watched the winkies this weekend so we could go to Carefree. The kids,waiting to blow the candles.


And, of course, no adult is allowed to open their own gifts. I think he knew what it was, a pair of Keen walking shoes, but still likes them anyway.
We had a great time in Carefree, AZ.

Our weekend started after a work luncheon for David. We happened to pass the Mini Cooper dealership so pulled in for a test drive. OOOhhhh....the 6 speed on that little car makes it mighty fun to drive! Even though it has the LATCH car seat system, I can't see anyone over 5'8" being able to fit a child in the back without removing their legs first.

We stayed at the Carefree Resort & Villas, again. We even got the same room. I did call and request a room on the ground floor and close to the end so we could see the view and also not have everyone walking past our patio. It was lovely.

After a nice seafood dinner, I slept in until 7:30 am, which is like sleeping until noon for most people. I can't remember when I slept past 6 am in years!

The view from our patio. We did have to do a timeshare on Saturday morning but that was ok. After that we went to a flea market put on by the Kiwanis in Carefree and had a nice golf course patio lunch. We went to Le Sans Souci French Restaurant in Carefree. It was amazing!

We decided to splurge and ordered their Grand Marnier Souffle! Oh, it was to die for and came with a very thick Grand Marnier Sauce on it.

Here we are at the beginning of our meal.
I took more photos but most of them were too dark from the weekend!

I also got some knitting done but nothing of great consequence...yet!

Thank you again to Grandma & Grandpa for looking after the children.

3 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

you guys are such a good looking couple ;) glad you had a big break, and happy birthday to the babysitter!

tocspaw said...

Glad you had a great weekend away! What a wonderful view!

The Queen said...

Yes, your weekend looked great and the kids had fun and happy birthday to your dad.
Let's get the whole POINT of the post. The MINI Cooper!
I own one! In fact, I've owned one since I was pregnant! I've not only got a car seat in the back of it now, I did the rear facing car seat too. Yes, it is possible! Without cutting legs off. I promise. I have friends who are out of car seats, who take their teen and tween daughters on vacation in theirs.
Oh and yes -- it totally rocks to drive. I used to drive ours as my daily driver -- but since my commute now doesn't always include getting dressed -- I've got the Vespa for my outings and the boys take the MINI.
If there is a vote going -- I vote get one!! Get two they are small. Oh, and in case you were thinking when Simon is out of the car seat -- in 2008 they are coming out with a Clubman/Traveller version which will be an extended wheel base AND have sucide doors for those people in the backseat. Just saying!

(Good luck and enjoy your next dream car)