Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I am an Auntie...Again!

Our niece in the UK, Nicola, had a little baby girl on September 8th. Her name is Isabella and she weighed 7 lbs 13 oz.

I have yet to see a photo but, I will post one when Grandma sends us one via email.

I started knitting this cardigan (Interweave Knits Baby Kimono) in the summer but they did not know WHAT the baby was going to be until she arrived. It sure was nice to have it all ready.


I knit the hat last night & this morning. It is Julia's Hat from the 2006 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar (Wednesday, September 6). The yarn is Dream Baby DK.

I have another one to knit for my brother, Matthew & his wife Mindy. They have a little one arriving in December. They "think" it is a girl! I sure hope so.....because that is the yarn I have. If not, I guess I will dye it after the winkie arrives.

As you can see, Simon's eye is healing up nicely. He still looks like he was in a fight but, he is ok.



I bought a computer over the weekend. My work computer has been giving me fits and I have been worried it was going to DIE at any moment so I backed everything up and wiped the hard drive clean using Drive Washer. Very handy to get rid of all your data on an old computer.
Dad is taking it to their house to build a "server".



Obie likes the box for the keyboard.

3 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

Congrats on the newest addition to the family - I love the all pink, all girl outfit!

And Simon... he looks all boy now with the shiner! Glad he is ok!

soapy said...

Congrats!

African Kelli said...

Congrats on the new babe! That knitting is beautiful, as always.