Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I LOVE the Mailman!

Actually, not all the time since he drives like a lunatic & delivers our mail to the neighbors and people 4 streets over!

However, today he brought me my Summer Sock Party Sock from Amy! Hmm...that pattern looks a wee bit familiar. Oh yes, it is the same one I chose but she knit some gorgeous short row heels.

In the photo is a pen that has a 3 foot tape measure on it, size 0 short needles stitch markers and some earrings. The yarn feels a lot like the Lorna's Laces I used for my swap partner.
The earrings are made of Rose Quarts & Sterling Silver and the stitch markers are amyethyst, blue goldstone, hematite and rose quartz. I gotta learn how to bead but I worry about having ANOTHER hobby that costs me money and takes up space!
As you can see, the socks fit perfectly! They are little anklets, my favorite kind of socks.
I also got a Lei, napkins with beverage photos, lanterns and confetti. Thanks Amy!

My Mom sent me the rolled hem attachment for my new serger, because you know they could not let you use the same attachment on two different models. She got it at the Bernina shop in St. Cloud, MN, where we both bought our machines in the 1980's.
So, I guess the old serger will be sold with the rolled hem attachment afterall!!

7 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

i would love the mailman too! OUCH Simon! poor guy... that was a terrible fall out of bed! eeek... hope he is doing better sarah...

soapy said...

very pretty socks!

Anonymous said...

I want your mailman, and the socks looked very nice. I always have a pair of socks on the needles.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great package your mailman brought to you - I think with it he made up a bit for driving like a nutcase, didn't he? Enjoy all the goodies!

Michellefinaz said...

There is a Bernina shop right up the street from me at Sossaman and Southern. I haven't stopped in there because I certainly don't need to be tempted, but I saw the sign.

Anonymous said...

Major difference between beading nad knitting: you can make beaded jewelry cheaper than you can buy it (even at Etsy prices), and it's fairoly quick for easy things like earrings.

Ana Petrova said...

Nice socks!