I finished the IK baby kimono this morning. I put two buttons on it this time instead of one. I just don't like the ties on it as the pattern recommends.
This time I used merino wool sock yarn in more of a fingering/dk weight and like the weight of the sweater much better.
Yarn: Mill End yarn from Australia....got it on a knit swap website. The baby hat pattern is a short row hat pattern from the 2006 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar.
I also dyed some yarn this week. This was yarn that Alison sent me, it is lace weight wool. It was cream when I got it but then I dyed it with acid dyes a friend let me use. I am hoping this looks like raspberries & chocolate. There is just a little bit of chocolate in there.
I dyed the yarns, as is, in the little balls. I just squirted they dye into the ball. We shall see what it looks like when it is knit up. I think there is only enough there for a lacy scarf.