Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Cooking

Kelli inspired me to try this recipe for No Knead Bread. It really is an easy recipe but you do have to plan ahead because there is a 12-18 hour initial slow rise and then a 2 hour rise after letting it rest for 15 minutes. However, due to the slow rise, it has a bit of a sourdough taste and and the crust is excellent!
The kids & I were doing so last minute Christmas shopping and they convinced me to buy this gingerbread house kit. I forgot that 90% of the set up is parent related. It did turn out really nice.
And, we made Christmas cookies. My neighbor who doesn't cook started making cookies yesterday afternoon while I was there so I "helped" make the dough. After it chilled, she sent 1/2 the dough home with Hannah so we could make some today.
Off to visit Santa this afternoon.

1 comment:

Birdsong said...

I saw a similar bread recipe in Cooks Illustrated, just haven't had a chance to try it... the gingerbread house looks great! Merry Christmas to you and the kids:)