Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Does Knitting Equal Boredom???

I suppose that I should pose that question to the non-knitting/crocheting people (person??) that reads my blog!

Last night David & I went to see the Moody Blues as part of David's birthday extravaganza.

We left the house and started down to the Dodge Theatre in Phoenix. As we were passing Ray & I-10 we discussed going to On the Border but at the last minute decided to go to Carrabba's Italian Kitchen. I have to tell you, the food was really good!

Anyway, after dinner we headed off to the concert. We got there about 5 minutes before the show started so I knit a little while we waited. They had a 20 minute intermission about an hour or so into the concert so I pulled out my knitting. Someone next to us asked what I was making and I told them a tank top and went on my way. They made the joke that the band was taking a nap (since most of them are pushing 60ish) and I was knitting, like the two things were synonymous and I must be bored.

My hubby appeared to be a bit embarrassed about my knitting in public. I said that I could be standing in line for the bathroom or to get something to drink and why not relax in my seat and knit?

Anyway, that is my baby vent for the morning.

The concert was really good. No photos/cameras allowed but the guy in front of me was using his camera phone. How is that different?

Oh, and the groupies are always a sight to behold, no matter who the band is or how old they are!

No comments: