Wednesday, June 29, 2005

SnB at Coffee Rush

The usual suspects were there (Pam, Eva, Heather & Melanie) plus the Luscious Gracious Clan, African Kelli, Mary and Elaine.

I know African Kelli has a blog but I can't seem to locate it. However, here she is knitting a scarf with Elaine knitting a HUGE felted bag and Eva working on another tank.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We have Heather just looking like the Diva she is.....next to Pam working on the Pink Tofu (soy silk) sweater (still).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steve, Lily & Lucy working on a variety of projects sans Mom.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And Melanie on the tail end of a felted hat.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And Mary, who always brings the coolest yarn and knitting gadgets working on a tank/top with an embedded design. Yummy yarn colors, don't you think?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hey, look, no photo of me! I started a lace weight shawl, again, and it is going really well. It is the Beginner's Luck Pattern.The biggest hurdle before was casting on 229 stitches using a provisional cast on...learned how to do that and am using stitch markers EVERY 6 stitches of the repeat! The project is going swimmingly. I'd show you a photo but 8 rows of lace looks like nothing!

I am using the Shimmer from Knit Picks in Happy Dance.

I finished an object yesterday. It is the dropped stitch shawl from Knit Picks. Wouldn't you know, after I BOUGHT the pattern, it is now free. That is probably the case with the felted, cabled backpack pattern too. Grumble, grumble, because we all know I can't afford a $1.99 pattern!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The pattern is interesting because the fringe is "unraveled" from the knitting itself after it is done. It was very slick.

See the unraveled stitches?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, here they are unraveled and then tied off!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And finally, doesn't this bracelet look like a bunch of stitch markers waiting to happen? And, the bonus, I won't really have to BEAD!!! I have visions of grandeur, I know. We will see.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of course, due to the weight of fancy stitch markers, I had to use boring rings to get going on my lace shawl.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

See, I really do read your site. Thanks for posting the pics! It was nice meeting you last night.
Cheers,
Kelli
www.africankelli.blog.com

Ashley said...

That shawl is brilliant! You'll have to wear it to one of your fancy FOX events.

Also brilliant: pillaging a bracelet for stitch-marker beads. I agree, it's not really beading. At least, you tell yourself that if it helps it get done!

Ashley