Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dropped Stitch Shawl & a Busy Morning

I am over half way through my dropped stitch shawl. The pattern is from Knitpicks.com. The interesting thing about it is that you somehow unravel the side 5 stitches to make the fringe after the fact. You are assured that you won't run out of yarn while doing the fringe!

The pattern is similar in look to the infamous Clapotis.

I am using Bernat Matrix yarn. It is a ladder yarn. I had originally bought the yarn to make a tank but it is nylon & polyester and that would just be WAY too hot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As you can see, Sophie likes my shawl too!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I interviewed a nice young lady named Heather to be our back up babysitter and she was actually wearing wrist warmers much like the ones in the photo from the Stitch N Bitch Nation book. I knew I was old when I wondered if anyone actually wore those darn things!!!! Gosh I feel like I am just not COOL anymore! Of course, give me a couple of years and Hannah will confirm that fact!!!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And finally, I have had a busy morning and it isn't even 8 am! We had a sprinkler guy over at 6 am, got the kids dressed, Hannah's lunch packed for her field trip, updated my blog, folded two loads of laundry, gave Simon his nebulizer meds, fed the kids breakfast, got a baby gift wrapped and the shipping label printed. Finally, after all that, I dropped the kids off at preschool, came home and tidied up the kitchen and am getting settled down to work! I am tired already! ;)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jeesh. I'm tired reading what you did. Want to come to my house? :)