Sunday, June 12, 2005

New Yarn...Like Needed More

I had read on the knitlist (also known as the twitlist by the Knitting Curmudgeon) that Tuesday Morning had some Lion Brand yarns at their stores. So...while Hannah was at a birthday party yesterday, I dropped by and found this yarn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You can see that it was a whoppin $5.99 for the 3 skeins. Don't ask me what other colors where there of the cotton-ease because we all know if you wave something green in front of me, I become color blind to any other color.

Of course, I need 4 skeins to make W from knitty.com. It is a tank made by short rowing and it interesting. This is how far I got last night while watching Hotel Rwanda and this morning after Simon got out of bed at 5:00 ish!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They also had Wool Ease in sport weight in a couple of different colors and some Lion Brand Magic Stripes in bright green, white and orange which are just the colors the Pam mentioned on her blog yesterday! Of course, each of these came in a 3 pack so that would make at least 3 pairs of socks but it would only cost about $6!

I figure I will use the left overs to make a fish blanket/shawl for a child either to be used as a prayer shawl or maybe a blanket for Project Linus.

This pattern is a cute and fun way to use up scrap yarn that is congregating around the house.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Oddly enough, we made a side trip to Tuesday Morning yesterday while at Mama Java's. I didn't get any CottonEase but I did get a bunch of WoolEase. No sock yarn at that one...