Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ruffled Mitts

Hannah has been wanting something to keep her hands warm at school in the morning but still allow her to play on the monkey bars and jump rope....so I present to you the Ruffled Mitts from Earth Heart Designs. The pattern is on December 5 or 6 in the 2005 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar.

Yes, I know the stripes don't match but....after I pulled for quite a while to find just the right spot, I still hadn't found it so they were destined to be mismatched. Also, I am a bit dubious of how long they will actually last as a pair. Hannah has a penchant for losing one glove or mitten!

I started them yesterday morning and finished the first one about 7:45 pm last night as Hannah was going to bed. She asked if I would have the other one done by this morning so she could wear them to school??? Hmm...let's see, a child that WANTS to wear something I have knit for her? Why yes, I will do my best to finish them for you. I went to bed about 9:30 pm and I only had to bind off the last 2/3 of the second one and weave in ends on both mitts which I did this morning after I got up and BEFORE Hannah got up.

You can see the look on her face when she came out to the kitchen and found them on the counter waiting for her to put them on her little hands while still in her pajamas.

As I was driving away from dropping her off at school, I saw her showing them off to her friends. Of course, these are the same friends that have been sending requests via Hannah that they would like a felted water bottle sling just like hers....yeah, good luck girls!

I will teach your Mom to knit!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Way to cute my daughter cam up at the time I first look at this post and she is 3 and she loves to see other kids on the computer and now she wants the gloves.

. said...

Awww...!! She is adorable! Gonna be a heartbreaker I tell ya, if she isn't already! The gloves are so cute! I love them! And them not looking the same makes them unique! :)

Heather said...

I love them! I need to make a pair for me. Hey, what felted bottle holder?

Creative Genius? said...

Oh that is too cute!!! I told my mommy I wanted her to knit a sweater for me.... she told me to jump in a lake!!! You have one lucky daughter!!

Michellefinaz said...

OMG, are those cute. and Hannah looks super happy to have them.

African Kelli said...

Aw! That must have made you so happy. She loves them!