Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Monday & Tuesday

First, let's review who won the HB football pool? HANNAH, the 6 year old. I guess that puts to shame all those guys that spend hours on their football picks based on their records, scores, injuries, etc.!

We had a great time with Dad & Linda. Every time my Dad comes out for a visit, he ends up doing something electronic for me. This visit was no different. I have been trying to set the button on the console in my van so it would open the garage door but could not get it to work. Well, Dad figured out you had to do something with the opener in the garage before you could get it to work in the car. Thanks Dad!!!!

On their last night here we went out for dinner at Chili's and had a very nice time.

The kids were well behavd and it makes us want to go out more often.
After we got home, Dad & Linda realized they had forgotten that they had gotten my birthday present in the mail so....we had to light the cake again so I could open my present which was.....
These suede slippers from Lands End. My feet have been so warm since getting them. Thanks! Came just in time for keeping my feet warm during the Arizona cold snap we are having that required us to finally turn on the heat!
Now for knitting content. We had a good group at SnB last night. Illanna & her friend Jen, Melanie, Eva, Pam, Mary, Carol, Bernice and Heather. No good photos but here is one of my knitting. I am not knitting a bag or something to sell. This is merino wool from my Secret Pal, Heather, using a pattern from "The Knitter's Stash". I tried it about a year ago but apparently I was really tired and kept messing up the set up rows but I got it this time and now only have to keep track of 3 patterned rows. This shawl is going really well and quick because the non-patterned rows are knitted and not purled which makes it a really fast knit.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Sarah!! Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one. I did the slippers.