Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday

I have been meaning to trim back my yard for quite awhile but had not been able to motivate to do it.
This morning I gathered my tools. The neighbor loaned me the trimmer so it would not take quite as long.

After.....I pulled out one of the orange flowers (lantana) and trimmed the rest back to the ground because it was really "woody" underneath in the front. The ones to the right weren't so bad so they got a trim.
Who knew my front yard was so big? If the lantana doesn't grow back (I am sure it will), I will plant something else that doesn't spread as much. I always thought there were too many plants in my front yard and this huge trim confirms to me that less is more.

It only took 3-4 hours and one trip to Home Depot for a rake & leaf bags. Then, a long nap for me because I was tired!!

3 comments:

Michellefinaz said...

Your yard is great and yes, less is more. We did the same thing to our house when we moved in. I think the previous owner figured that the more plants that were there the better. Now we only have one tree (huge) and grass/rock.

I love the stone on the front of your house, very cool.

Enjoy your nap!!

Diane said...

Our garden is stuffed with plants and color and green and we love it. The front yard we go with the less is more theory. Looks great Sarah, job well done!

Eduarda said...

The lantana will grow back. They are one of my favorite plants.