Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Baby booties....

so...I tried the ones numerous times from interweave.com and I realized that no matter what sized needles I used, the yarn was too big.

Another thought I had was that I really did not want to spend 10-15 hours knitting 1 pair of socks that may or may not get worn.....

So, I made these little babies instead. Took me about 1.0 hours total on size 2 needles. The pattern called for 6's but the one I knit was big enough for a 1.5 year old!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought I would use some straight needles I picked up at a thrift store because they were these weird flexible things made by Hero. I did not like them in size 2 and the ones I had were too long so I found another, shorter pair of aluminum needles that worked fine. Here they are being modeled by Hannah.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As many of you know, I use circulars almost exclusively but on some projects, I found that I don't mind the straight needles. Of course, the only reason I have the straight ones? I got them for $0.60 a pair at the thrift store.

And here is the cat actually using his felted Kitty Pi.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is my organization box with the darned sticker finally scrubbed off. My husband only wishes my office, closet and drawers were as organized!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: