Friday, May 13, 2005

Simon & A Guest Knitter

Simon is really growing up...just as fast as his sister in his own way. His recent favorite expression is, "I can do it myself!"

His latest triumphs in this department are pulling on his shorts, putting on his pajamas and this morning, getting his seatbelt on all by himself in his carseat!

Wow, where does the time go?

On the knitting front, I think my shrug will be ready to wear this evening when I go out with my hubby.

I will post photos tomorrow.

Now...the guest knitter is my little sister Naomi. This photo was taken on her new digital camera. Now, if only her arm was just a little longer.

No, I didn't teach Naomi to knit but I did help her learn the right way after the person who taught her somehow made her twist all of her stitches the wrong way. I also showed her how to knit continental which she finds much faster than the throwing method.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is an example of some of the things she has been knitting and SELLING to her co-workers in Florida.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is a bag I made before Christmas and she finally got from me in May.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, and I forgot....I went to the post office yesterday to pick up my business mail and found a note in my P.O. box stating my mail would not fit in my mailbox so I had to wait in line to get it. As I entered the line, I thought, oh gosh, I don't have any knitting with me! Horrors, I'll have to stand in line and just WAIT!!!! How wasteful of good found time.

Then, I remembered, oh yeah, I have that hat in my car and ran outside and got it! I was so happy to have something to "do" while I waited and so the line moved very quickly after my knitting arrived from in the car.

Note to self: ALWAYS keep a little knitting project in the car. Just in case you find yourself waiting somewhere unexpected.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the new colors on the blog! Matches your sister's purse :) If I know I have to wait somewhere, I have GOT to have a book or knitting with me. I can't stand waiting.