Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A new shrug for me......

For all you non-knitter's reading my blog, this is a knitting post so beware!

I have had this nice cotton yarn sitting in my stash trying to be something since the big sale at the Fiber Factory in January. I tried using it for a couple of things and they just did not work.

Well, I think I have finally found what it wants to be....a shrug (basically, sweater arms without the big sweater).

I started it last night during the Amazing Race and I am about 10 inches into it.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I decided to knit the sleeves in the round instead of as a long rectangle and then having to sew it up after I was finished! I had the dpn's in both size 10.5 and 11 so I figured, it was an omen. Plus, I hate sewing things up like that after the fact!

Here you can see the place where the seam was supposed to be on the bottom side of the sleeve. It will act like a ribbing when I get to the middle section.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Regarding the Amazing Race...I am so happy the Uchena and Joyce won over Rob & Amber from Survivor. That guy is really a jerk.

It was nice to see honest, good people win. I hope they are able to have the baby they so desperately are hoping for in their future!

No comments: