Sunday, May 15, 2005

Random Weekend Stuff

BIG NEWS (at least in my mind): HANNAH WANTS TO KNIT AGAIN!

I have tried teaching her in the past but with no real project so this time we are making a bunny from a knitted square. She will knit the square and I will put it together. She will have a sense of accomplishment when she is done.

Yesterday, when she started again she just picked up the knitting and off she went. Knit stitch only, of course, but the rest will come. She wanted to try knitting continental but I am not sure she has the manual dexterity to do it. Anyway, she is doing a great job!

We had swimming with the kids yesterday and today they both have make up classes since we have missed a couple of classes this past session.

Both kids are doing great in their swimming classes. We are going to skip the June-July session and probably pick up in August. Simon is doing really well and will start the "regular" beginner's class without the parent in August.

Yesterday, he was wanting to jump off the edge of the pool over and over again and then grab on and get out! He is doing so well....if only he would kick his feet and use his hands when he is put under water. Oh well, at least his isn't heading straight to the bottom like last summer! He is actually floating!

Hannah will definitely be swimming by herself this summer. She had few false starts in the past with lessons but is really doing well and is really working on her confidence!

Yesterday, I went looking for the cat and where should I find him? In the top bunk of the bunk beds.

Here he is..... How he got up there I have no idea. I guess he used the ladder like the kids.

<Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is a photo of David & I yesterday before we went out for dinner at El Zocala in downtown Chandler. They have a gorgeous back patio that is so beautifully landscaped and romantic! The owner's are part of the De la Cruz family who also own Mango's in Mesa and El Sol in Chandler on AZ Ave. just south of Ray.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the knitting front, I had to frog back to the end of the first arm on my shrug because the back was just a little scrawny for me. I added 12 stitches to the back section to make it wider and am about 1/2 way through knitting it again. It fits quite nicely and will be good this fall.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Next thing you know, Hannah will be wanting to start a blog.