Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Holiday Weekend in Review

What started out as a quiet weekend turned into a pretty busy weekend.

Saturday was quiet enough. Hannah, Tamara & I went to the mall for a short visit BEFORE the crowds. Many of the shops opened at 9 am instead of 10 am. We went swimming and just relaxed the rest of the day.

Sunday started the busy portion of the weekend. The Humane Society called on Sat. to say they had a Siamese mix female kitten or two for us and could we come in on Sunday? Another person called on Sunday and when I told them we had to decide when we were going to trek up to the Sunny Slope location (Northern & 19th Ave), the nice man said he could get them transported to the South Mountain location! Yea!

We dropped Hannah at a birthday party at Makuta's Island and off David & I went to get our new kitty, Sophie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her arrival precipitated more knitting, a new Kitty Pi cat bed. She has been really a nice cat and we aren't having the aggression issues we had when we brought Oliver home. They are getting to know each other but doing pretty well and will get along well in the future as things settle in around the house.

I am using a bunch of the green yarn Pam got me on ebay some time ago.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is how we spent Monday.....buying a new to me van! It is a Dodge Grand Caravan. I love it. You would be surprised how hard it is to find a van with the automatic sliding door (or doors) and captain's chairs the second row to separate the kids! They can't touch each other which cuts down on the fighting!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have been really paranoid since I got broadsided in Nov. 2003. The vehicle should have been totalled but it wasn't because they probably didn't think about it until AFTER it was fixed. The Chevy has never been the same and I have always been worried about getting hit again or it breaking down on the freeway....

I feel much better now! The only thing this didn't have was the integrated DVD system but we will probably get one put in before our summer driving vacation. I don't use it much but it sure is nice on a long trip.

On more knitting news, I had to take a break from knitting with the recycled sari silk because it is quite rough on my tension finger. I have a big section on which the skin is rubbed off so....I will have to wait to finish it until my finger heals!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sophie's adorable, but may be slightly possessed. And she'll look stunning in the green bed.