Sunday, October 23, 2005

33" Inseams!

It has been a quiet weekend at Chez HB.  Kinda sounds like Garrison Keillor: “Well, it’s been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my home town…..”.  I always loved the ending of his News from Lake Wobegon:  “Where all the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are above average.”

If you have never listened to Garrison Keillor and are from the Midwest, you should.  Lake Wobegon is like every small town with the Catholics and the Lutherans and everything in between with a healthy dose of towns people with interesting foibles.  Of course, I can’t ever remember when he is on here in Phoenix…hmm…makes me wonder if I can get him as a podcast or something!!!!    Ok, Ok..but I digress.

So, back to reality!

I took the kids out yesterday and we went around checking the neighborhood garage sales.  Hannah rode her scooter and Simon rode is “big wheel” and they both did a great job staying out of the road and listening.  This is an especially big achievement for Simon as he is 3….an only recently started listening at all!

I only bought a 5 ingredient cookbook.  Nothing else really interested us but it was a nice morning walking around the neighborhood.

We just hung out and had a relaxing Saturday.

Today we stuck close to home too.  The kids and I went grocery shopping while David did some work on the computer.

This afternoon, Hannah & I headed out on our own.    I really need some jeans that fit.  You ladies out there know what I am talking about!  Ashley summed up my jeans shopping perfectly in her “Curvy Girls Guide To Life” post.  I had a coupon for Lane Bryant and there is one close to my house (about 3 miles) so we went over there on a whim.  My main problem is I have a 33 inch inseam.  The regular pants usually have a 31 inch inseam and the tall pants have a 35 inch inseam.  Hmmm…no mans land.  I know I can get them taken up but $12 is a bit much on top of a $60-75 pair of jeans.  Imagine my surprise when, I see their Supreme Brand have an “extended” length of 33 inch inseam!  Yes, you read that right; they have jeans with my EXACT inseam.  Needless to say, I bought 2 pair with a $25 off each pair plus another $25 off a future $50 purchase.  What is not to love?????

Now, if only the “God’s of Pants” would deign themselves to making some regular pants in a 33 inch inseam I would be in PANTS HEAVEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had good jeans luck!! Maybe the jeans gods are reading blogs now...