Thursday, October 20, 2005

Laser Printers

I have been drooling over a laser printer for quite some time.  In my head, they are quite expensive and maybe not a needed business expense.  So….I am a big lover of Slick Deals and they showed a color Laser Printer for $200 after rebates ($599 regular).  I thought, this is what I have been waiting for so I ordered it last Thursday and it arrived on Friday.  

Hmmm….the page is full of magenta toner.  I call tech support and the guy tells me I need a new toner and a new drum.  Great, it arrives on Tuesday.  Open the bag of the toner, and it is full of magenta powder.  I call tech support again and they said, no, the toner is not supposed to be all over the bag, we’ll send you another one.  

By this time, I tell the guy, this is not boding well for a $600 printer if the darned thing doesn’t work.  I get the new toner on Wed. and put it in…..get a FATAL ERROR, needs service call.

I call tech support again and the guy tells me the printer has a faulty fuse which messes up the print quality and I need to return it.  Office Max came and picked it up today.  Sometimes there are just omens telling me I did not need such a fancy laser printer.

By this time I had talked to my sister who told me she had bought a black laser printer for $119 with a $30 off rebate at Staples.  Needless to say, I went to Staples and bought the $119 one with an additional $10 discount so including the rebate, it will be $79.  

So…off I go and my hubby can’t figure out why I need ANOTHER printer because I bought a fancy all in one to upgrade from the last one earlier this year.  Today, he is in my office and I print something on the laser printer and it becomes crystal clear.

On top of that, I also scanned in my signature into the computer and have been printing it directly onto a bunch of work documents that required a signature.  Why the heck didn’t I think of that last week…about Wednesday????????  Better late than never but…still, it would have saved so much time.  Oh well, I guess I will make up for it with the new laser printer!

On the knitting front, I am in the straight part of the Clapotis.  It is now turquoise for the middle section and will be green again on the decrease.  I’ll take a photo tomorrow.

We are off to a Hospice of the Valley Wine tasting tonight in Scottsdale.

And, for anyone with a Costco Membership, will you pick me up a 2006 Knitting Pattern A Day calendar?  I will pay you for it!  My sister, Naomi, told me that they  have them for $7.99 (regular retail $13.99).  Email me (sbridger3 at cox dot net) if you are part of my SnB and can pick up one for me!!!! (Because if I have to pay shipping then I haven’t saved anything because that calendar is HEAVY!)  Thanks!

2 comments:

Michellefinaz said...

DH doesn't understand my printer addiction either. I have three printers and I'd love a large format printer, but that I can't have yet.

I can't wait to see your clapotis. I just finished mine this morning.

Anonymous said...

$8 for the calendar (hand smacking forehead). I should have checked my Costco instead of paying full rpice (less 10% B&N discount)!