Friday, October 21, 2005

Off the Vine

David & I went to the Hospice of the Valley, Off the Vine Event last night. It was held outside at the Royal Palms Hotel.

You walked past this really pretty pool & fountain before you stepped down into a sunken courtyard where they had different food stations and a whole lot of wine to taste.

Here is a photo of the backdrop of the event in the courtyard.
And then....I saw these 3 ladies with the $160+ knitted bags that I mentioned about a year ago. We ended up sitting next to them for a few minutes and I asked if I could take a photo of the bags for my blog. Obviously, they said yes.
We were talking and David told them I knit and knit similar bags....one of them suggested I should start carrying my own bags and selling them but.....I have in the past, and when someone asks the price, they are really scared off! However, there were 5 ladies (all friends) who were carrying these bags last night. I guess it is a society thing.
After the dinner snacks there was a live auction of wine and some trips inside the Estrella Room.
And finally, here is a photo of David & I with me wearing a jacket David bought for my birthday about 3 years ago. He is happy that he was able to buy me a piece of clothing that I actually like to wear and do so pretty often! Thanks Honey!

And here is my progress on my Clapotis. I am about 300 yards into it. I got about 15 rows knitted in the car on the way to the Royal Palms last night. I am going to have to supplement the colors I have with a lighter color of turquoise to get about 1000 yards of yarn to finish this prayer shawl. You know me, I rarely keep anything I knit....it is the process which relaxes me and I need an outlet for my knitting because I can't keep it all!

2 comments:

Michellefinaz said...

the pictures of the event looked great and your clapotis is so pretty. It is going to be so much bigger than mine.

African Kelli said...

You could SO make that purse and sell them for less than $160. They don't look like they are too much work and you've already identified your audience...
:)