Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Clapotis Revisited

Another couple of weeks, another prayer shawl going out to its recipient tomorrow.

You can see that I make pretty substantial shawls. I am not one to give a piddly little one, I want it to encompass the recipient like a big hug! It is longer than the couch and would easily wrap around me with quite a bit of "elan" after it was around once!

I used about 900 yards of Cotton Ease by Lion Brand and the Clapotis pattern from Knitty.com. I was a little worried about the two colors going together but since the Clap is a parallelogram, it lends itself nicely with the two triangles at either end going in opposite directiosn. It will probably be another year before I make that pattern again, if ever!


3 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous! I love the 2 colors together.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely!!!!!! I need to get mine finished!!!!

African Kelli said...

It really does look very lovely. I think you've inspired me!