Saturday, October 08, 2005

Secret Pal Saturday!!!

Look what I got in the mail today!!!!!

A package from my secret pal in Mesa! I gotta tell you, she kicks some butt!

She sent more in this first package than I got all the way around in the last Secret Pal exchange (oh that's right, my last pal went MIA after a couple weeks)....this even came in one of my favorite shades of green!

Here are some photos of the goodies.

Peppermint bath stuff from Cost Plus...the fizzy stuff and other pepperminty bath floaters. MMMM...now if only I could get a bath without one, or both, of the kids jumping in!

Kitchen Cotton for knitting some washcloths plus a pretty one she knit herself, attached to the top of the kitchen cotton with a green bow! She enclosed a cd of "Stitchin Sounds" and jelly belly's. Smart gal...knows they won't melt in my mailbox!

And, knowing my love for all things felted, she included a skein of Noro Kureyon and a pattern for a tiny felted tote that uses only 1 skein!!! I am going to start that this weekend!
Speaking of felted bags, I am sure many of you got the Lion Brand email newsletter with the felted "trick or treat" bag with the most idiotic handles known to man (some piddly ribbons sewn onto the bag after felting..yeah, that's going to hold 10 lbs of candy), but I digress...well, anyway, my sister was hinting that I should knit it for her. Hello Naomi, you can totally do it yourself and I will felt it for you! Good luck and just drop the knitted bag in the mail! :)

David & I took the kids to Fiesta Mall today to run some errands....get David a new watch band for his Asprey watch (no AfriKelli, it isn't fake, just English and old!!!), drop off my earring to get a diamond replaced (who knew they had a lifetime diamond guarantee??) and check out some items for the upcoming holiday/birthday season in late December. My poor hubby gets my birthday and Christmas within 7 days of each other.

We ran our errands I went into Children's Place to check out their clearance stuff. I got a denim skirt & a couple of cute t's for Hannah and a couple of shirts & couple pairs of pull on thick knit cargo pants for Simon (that he can get on and off easy as a potty trained 3 yo). I get to the register and the cargo pants ring up at $0.49!!!! Yes, you read that right! Plus I had a 15% plus another 10% discount so they cost me $0.37!! I bought the only ones they had in 4T for next year too! What a bargain!!!!!

After the mall, we went to Fuddrucker's for lunch. The kids were so well behaved, it was an absolute joy to take them out. This is such a HUGE thing....we have been staying close to home for the last couple of years because it really was not relaxing at all to take Simon out to a restaurant without having to inhale our meal in 10 minutes flat. Oh the joy of having a toddler!

All in all, it has been a good day. Simon even went potty at the mall! Still some accidents but doing really well...if only he would let go of the #2 again....ah, but this too will pass (no pun intended. Ok, maybe a little!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were happy with your goodies!! I picked the CD songs after you mentioned your download orgy for your new I-pod. Hope you like them! SP

African Kelli said...

I saw you in a Sunrise commercial last night! Such a surprise.

See you tonight?

Catherine Kerth said...

great goodies!!! love SP!!! $.37, why do other people find the best bargins...alright!!!! :)