Monday, July 04, 2005

FO, Wet Children & a Kitchen Disaster

Here is the FO. It is the prayer shawl I have been working on for about 2 weeks. I will deliver it to its recipient tomorrow afternoon. It really is an easy but pretty pattern.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This photo is about 5 minutes after the biking photo was taken yesterday! Oh well, it is summer and my kids are young. Who cares about a little bit of water!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kitchen disaster:

I made a Bundt cake and in my infinite wisdom, thought I would add some white and milk chocolate chips...um, forgot to coat them with flour BEFORE I put them in the mix and they sunk to the bottom (top of the Bundt cake). The sticky part is mighty darned tasty! I will add some pudding to it after dinner to cover the mishap and no one will be the wiser! Yeah, right. It reminds me of a Garrison Kiellor "News from Lake Wobegon" sketch where Mrs. Inkfest lost at the county fair because she told the judges, "Oh, I don't know, the cake just seems so dry". (Now be sure to say that last quote with a Midwest/Norwegian accent!) She lost because it was dry and yes, I will probably tell my guests what happened to the cake.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey, but to revive my culinary skills, here is the broiled chicken we are having for dinner!!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, I found the bag with Unbiased...not in any of the usual spots!

I won't probably post until next week as we are on vacation to California!!

No comments: