Saturday, July 02, 2005

Knitting Photos



First off, I have to say that I LOVE this new photo feature in Blogspot....However, it appears that the photos don't stay attached in the message when emailed directly to me.

I email entries to my blog to people who either don't read it OR have no idea what a blog IS! I only email them to people if they are in the entry so don't worry, no willy nilly emailing of blog entries here!

I have made progress on the prayer shawl but I am just so darned bored! (Hmm...that last part after the but sounds suspiciously like Donkey in Shrek 2 when they are in the carriage on the way to Far Far Away.) As you can see, I watch WAY TOO MANY children's videos. Of course, it is during that time I get A LOT of knitting done, often before 6 am.

On that note, I have to add another comment for all you Seinfeld fans. In the movie, Home on the Range, there is scene near the beginning where the duck dances just like Elaine. The first time I saw it, I thought, no that can't be but when I see it again (and again and AGAIN) I am now positive the chicken is dancing like Elaine.

And the lace stole/shawl as it is pinned to the floor and in it's natural state of a crumpled mess on the needles. I can say that lace weight knitting and yarn take up very little space!







You don't see any huge pattern but there really is a mild diamond pattern going on in there, just not the big and fancy lace patterns you see here.

Some day, I will make one of these fancy ones.....in a few years!!! ;)

We are sticking close to home this weekend since we have our summer vacation coming up next week to the wonderful world of California including Disneyland.

Please, shoot me now!!!!!! Ok, it will be fun but I am hoping that by visiting it in the week, there will be slightly less people than on the weekend. I know, only in my dreams!

On a good note, we can see the Chandler fireworks from the end of my street, like 150 yds from my house. It is great, we stay in the air conditioning until 9:15 pm, throw out our chairs and watch the fireworks. Added bonus, we don't have to try and keep our kids happy for hours while staking out a spot in 100+ degree heat. What is not to love?

No comments: