Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Look at this great book!

I got this book from Overstock.com.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is really interesting. It not only includes patterns but history and background on patterns. There are the Faroese shawls, Pi shawls and information on how to adapt patterns, etc. I think I will get a lot of use out of this book, not only from the patterns but also the information.

The recipient of the Flower Basket Shawl got it yesterday and loves it! I am glad. You always like to know the that the items you knit for people makes them happy and it certainly did for this very nice lady.

On the way to dropping the kids off at daycare/preschool this morning, I heard the best song......"Life in the Fast Lane" by the Eagles. We had it on loud and the kids were using their legs as drums as we are driving down the road and singing along!

See Honey, I don't always make the kids listen to country music!!!!!

4 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

thats really cute! love it when kids are young enough to like moms music, before they get a style all of their own!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great book, I'll have to see if my local library has that one so I can check it out.

Anonymous said...

The book looks great. I think I'm going to order one if they still have them. Also, I could have sworn I was reading my own post sbout the kids and country. My hubby hates it and I love it and so do my kids so we always listen to it in my car and they listen to rock in his. But he says the exact same thing.

Anonymous said...

Thats one of the books on my must have list... lol

Gotta get it...