Friday, July 01, 2005

Just talk...

I am getting on very well with the Beginner's Luck Shawl in laceweight yarn. I think it is directly propotional to the fact that I have stitch markers EVERY repeat (every 6 stitches in 229) and it is a relatively easy pattern.

I am nearing the end of the 4th repeat and it still looks a bit of a jumbled mess. Ah, the joys of working with lace. You can't actually see the pattern until AFTER you have blocked it. I will post a photo over the weekend.

I still need to work on the prayer shawl but..........I am SO BORED with it. I always have this problem with prayer shawls. About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through, I just have to force myself to finish the darn thing! This one is no different and it doesn't help that it is big enough that it feels like a really HOT blanket on my legs in 100 F heat. Not an enticing project. The lace however, is calling me because it is light and going well. I may have finally conquered lace weight yarn.

I better shut up now because there are still 9 repeats to finish and a whole lotta edging.

No comments: