Tuesday, August 09, 2005

How to get your 3 year old to eat veggies....

Hubby is out late doing a work thing so the kids and I are home doing dinner on our own.

Recently, Hannah decided she LOVES corndogs. That works out great because I love them too. We picked some up at Target this weekend and this seemed a perfect time to have them since Hubby hates corn meal, ergo corndogs, ergo cornbread, all of which I love!!!!

I pop the suckers in the toaster oven and off I go to check email. Hmmm..is that something burning? I know it can't be the corndogs because I set the timer and it hasn't gone off....oh wait, I set the toaster oven on BROIL!!! They were done and only one side was burnt so I cut it off.

As the kids and I are eating the dogs, I also have a big bag of veggies (cauliflower, broccoli and baby carrots) from Sam's Club. I get some 1 calorie Italian dressing to dip my veggies and and Simon wants some dip. I have got to tell you that this kids eats the weirdest things for a 3 year old. Anyway, he goes on to eat about 10 or so baby carrots just to get the dip. I had to cut him off otherwise there is no telling what we would be changing in the diaper department tomorrow.

Moral of the story, give the kid low fat dip and he will eat a pound of carrots in one sitting.

Hannah, give the kid a box of baby tomotoes and she will inhale them in two sittings!

Gotta love veggies at our house!

No comments: