Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Monday.....

Simon has a little bike he got from one of the neighbors that he is trying to ride. He just can't seem to get the whole idea of a lot of pedalling. He goes 1/2 and gets bored. Oh well, at least he has his other bike from his birthday that he can pedal.



My knit picks order came yesterday. Here is the yarn for the bag I was talking about for my sister in law. Chocolate, pumpkin and maple syrup. I think they will look really good together in an earth tone kind of way.

And the other part of my order. Yes, those are addi turbos you see along with the magnetic chart doo-dad and a row counter that hangs on my needles for circular knitting.

The Addi's are currently helping me finish the last 25 rows of my shawl. Apparently, although I ordered the only size 8's they had they came in a 47 inch length!!!! I have to say I like the cord and one of the joins on the Addi's. However, the other join is catching my yarn which is not a good thing considering my cheap needles weren't doing that before I changed them to the Addi's.

I suspect these are going back, at least for a pair with a smooth join and a shorter cord.


And finally, what is it about kids. You buy them all kinds of toys but when it comes down to it, they are just as happy with a couple of boxes that you were going to recycle and some markers to decorate them????

The kids were wearting them like "skirts" around the house. Go figure?!?!?

1 comment:

Karla said...

Beautiful Autumn colors in that yarn!

Oh, and Simon will get the hang of it soon. One day it will just "click" and off he'll go! I just hope you can run faster than he can pedal! (ha ha!)

My now 4 year old daughter took a few days to figure out the pedal on the bike with training wheels. But she knew how to ride her tricycle so it was just a matter of time. She rides the bike like she never didn't know how now! (that was a strange sentence wasn't it?)

Cute children!