Monday, August 15, 2005

Knitting Notes

After our Saturday night, Sunday was pretty quiet. That is if you block out the constant fighting of the kids. Hannah seems to think that because she is older, she needs to "lecture" (also known as a dissertation) her brother on the greatness of all her ideas! I can't tell you how many times I have to tell her that she is not the MOM!

We talked to David's sister in England who is a faithful blog reader. Hi Ann!!!! She was commenting on how she loved the bags that I make (ok, hinting for one herself!) so I ordered some yarn in browns to amake this bag using the pattern from knit picks.

I also ordered some Addi Turbos, just to see what all the fuss is about. I was so close to getting free shipping it made the Addi's almost cheap, yeah, ALMOST.



I ripped out my "Beginner's Luck" shawl. I was BORED TO TEARS with the pattern and I wasn't even 1/2 done. It is now in its original form, seen in the ball of yarn.

David saw me unwinding it this morning and asked what I was doing. I said I really could not see finishing it so....it will become something else in the future.




I also finished the diamond scarf and the Branching Out scarf last night. I wove in all the ends and now just have to block them both.

You know what that means, I can start on my Cascading Hearts shawl this afternoon or in the morning.

I also ordered a magnetic chart holder and a row counter that hangs on your needle like a stitch marker. Don't worry, there will be photos when I get all the new gear. I am being forced to use the chart on the new shawl. I don't like charts but it is only for the middle gore and edges so I am sure I will survive.

I am also working on the Lost Points Shawl for my Dad's lovely wife, Linda. It is all knitting, forever, so it is not going really quickly due to the boredom factor. However, it is a good project for when I am tired or just don't feel like thinking. It is at the absolutely mindless part!

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I know my bank account is really going to regret this, but ordered all of this fabulous stuff from where??

Catherine Kerth said...

sorry about the shawl being a total bore! your going to LOVE addi's... shipment and price overall is worth their performance:)