Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Tuesday SnB

The kids playing out front on Monday night waiting for the ice cream truck that never came.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Alison and Michelle. This will be Alison's last Tuesday night get together as she is off to Georgia this week! Bye Alison...we will keep up with you on your blog!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pam, feverishly working on her sister's tank top because she was informed that her sister wanted to get it while it is still warm on the East Coast and Michelle.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nancy...who is now living about a mile from me in Chandler.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kelli and Eva. Kelli made some really cute bags for the knitting contributors to her African trip. Of course, I forgot to get a photo. I also forgot to get a photo of her big travelling project that was finished! Kelli, show us a photo on your blog or send one to me and I will post it!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Heather, working on what is now a Sophie Bag.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kirsten, Oneida (please forgive me if I spelled your name wrong!) and Peggy. Congratulations to Oneida as she is expecting baby #2 in March. Peggy was working on an Annie Blatt sweater as a commission. A lot of cool yarn!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And Melanie working on some cute little felted dog slipper!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Stephanie came but had to go early. Illanna was hiding from the camera, again!!! Steve, Kiki, Lily and Lucy were there too but left before the camera came out! Too bad. Lily & Lucy were working on some great projects and Kiki was swatching, aka making a baby hat.

Finally, for the grand finale of this post.....Knitting picture frames out of dog hair for your dog's photo. What the heck?????? This was in my knitting pattern a day calendar and I just don't see spending that much time on a frame. Of course, when it gets wet you would always be reminded of the wet dog smell your little puppy left you. I don't think so!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

Well, I'll tag you back on the comment game. That photo frame out of dog hair is one of the grossest things I've heard of. Some people will recycle anything.
And, on the other hand, the dog slippers are so darn cute!
Sorry I couldn't stay longer last night. I hope we can catch up and see what you are working on next week.
Cheers,
Kelli

Mel said...

Yep, there's no other smell like that of a wet dog! I love dogs as much, if not more, than the average person, knitting with dog hair does not sound appealing to me. Thanks for posting photos from last night. What a great group of people we have the privilege of knowing.

Luscious Gracious said...

There is a story in one of my knitting books (it's all essays, but I am not in the current mood and/or condition to find the name of said book or that of the author) about a woman who knit her ex-boyfriend a scarf from wolf hair that she had collected while working on a wolf preserve somewhere out here, then spun it up and sent it off to him in NYC. His dogs attacked the package when it came through the mail slot, and by the time he got home, there was nothing left of it, and his dogs were in some serious freak-out zones. The woman just wondered what would've happened if he'd worn it for his morning jog through Central Park.
I love that story, (especially the part with him being the ex and all) even though it is possible that I dreamed it.
kiki