Saturday, August 06, 2005

Thank God for Tech Support!

Well, I have been having router problems with the computer network at home so, I decided I needed a new router for the office and home computer so they can share the internet connection.

Ok, so...I get the new router and the darned thing doesn't work. Call tech support and the guy has me do all kinds of things I have already done (like unplug the cable modem to reset it, etc., etc.) and I can hardly understand him because I know he is in India and it's the middle of the night there.I don't know, maybe it was my phone but it was tough to understand and hear and I live with a guy with a foreign accent!

So, I go and return the first one and buy the second one...still nothing.
Call tech support and all they tell me is, well, you have to hook up to the internet and then it will do everything for you.

I CAN'T GET AN INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN THE ROUTER IS PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER!!!!!

I ask if it could be related to the fact that I had a router and it died and could I maybe need to uninstall something?

Response? Just connect to the internet and it will configure everything.

Ok, that's great, but I can't connect to the internet!!!!

I hang up and fix it myself. Thank GOD for tech help!

Yeah, right.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Gee, you must have Qworst DSL. Love them. Not.